Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Finally started!

Hi all,

It took me a while to get signed up for the KAL, but hey, I'm fashionably late, right?

I CO late on Sunday night, and so far I'm about 13 rounds into the first pattern repeat. I'm taking a chance and making the smallest size, which will give about 3.5" of negative ease. I've knitted a few tanks in the past year, and each one has been a little loose, despite going for zero or a little bit of negative ease every time, so I figure that positive ease would be disastrous for me! Plus lace can be blocked so severely that I'm not worried about the lace section being snug.

I'm using Elann Sonata (DK mercerized cable cotton) in a lovely pink-coral shade called Rosato. I'm using the size 4, 28" from my Needlemaster, which is fine, though I would prefer bamboo a wee bit.

I'll try to share photos when I figure out how. . . and when I take photos!

Cheers,
Helen (a.k.a. "hellahelen")

4 comments:

OCDeviant said...

Good luck! I can't wait to see your photos.
Tamara

Stilaholic Nartian knits said...

Hiya! I'm looking forward to when you post pics.

Stilaholic Nartian knits said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Batty said...

Hey, welcome to the kal! I didn't join late, but I'm starting late. Haven't even swatched yet because I've been working on my mother's Clapotis. You're not dead last!