Monday, June 19, 2006

Half a lotus position

Half a lotus

I'm happy to report that I have just finished the fifth and final lotus blossom lace repeat. I haven't had the heart to take it off needles to give a try-on yet, but it [a size medium] appears to be fitting better than my first attempt [a size large].

More than ever, I wish I would have knitted this in brown, black, or white. I'm really liking it, and I probably won't get that much wear out of it because of the color.

Coincidentally, it occurs to me that this might be a good project to substitute Hello Yarn's skull lace pattern for the lotus blossom lace pattern. I have not tried out the pattern yet, but it's an interesting idea. Has anyone made this tank with a different lace pattern?

3 comments:

Rev. Linda said...

Your work is beautiful! I don't know where you live...but here in CA that top would look beautiful with white, black, or khaki linen. You could really get a lot of wear out of it that way I think.

Stilaholic Nartian knits said...

Agree w/the others that the turquoise will work beautifully w/the other colors in your wardrobe. I suggest just going for it and wear it at least for a day. Maybe it'll get you out of your "safe" color rut. You can always layer the tank w/a summer jacket or light sweater over it if your weather allows so you don't see all of the turquoise all the time.

Stilaholic Nartian knits said...

Oops, sorry for another comment but I guess we can't edit our own comments after we enter it.

Anyway, thanks for the skull lace pattern! I don't think I'd do another tank w/the skulls but it would make for a cool scarf.