Saturday, June 10, 2006

Like the Titanic

Lotus Blossom Tank begins!

The Jaeger Trinity I ordered for the Lotus Blossom Tank arrived yesterday and I immediately tore open the box and got started. I got through the first set of the repeat. It doesn't look like much right now - I'm hoping some good blocking will fix it and it's not just that I royally screwed it up already!

I'm not 100% crazy about the color - it looked bluer online. I'll still wear it, of course.

How is everyone finding the sizing? I'm making the Large - my bust size falls between the medium and the large and I'd rather have it be slightly too big than look super busty.

4 comments:

Sophie_vf said...

the colour looks awfully nice on my monitor! I like it.

Jacquie said...

Colour looks lovely on my monitor too, but it does tend to take a lot of the red out of colours.

Good to see another Denise needle user - I'm using mine for this too. I am halfway through the second repeat and I really must get my camera out to record the progress.

Stilaholic Nartian knits said...

That's a pretty color! The Bamboo's got ease so check your swatch.

Chicago Jen said...

Um, how's your lace going? From the pic it looks like you might be off a little in the second half of the lace pattern. Maybe I'm just crazy cause I'm looking at a pic and not the actual knitting, but I might double check before you get too far along. One thing I did that helped was put stitch markers every 50 stitches. That helped me figure out where I was supposed to be BEFORE I got all the way to stitch number 280. The color is lovely though, that's for sure!