Saturday, June 24, 2006

The Lotus, she has Blossomed!

Lotus Blossom Tank - finished!I'm delighted to say that I have officially finished my Lotus Blossom Tank. I'm fairly happy with the finished product!

I used just over three balls of Jaeger Trinity yarn in Glacier and it took me about a week after my one false start. I did have to wing it with the pattern, though. The bottom is the size medium or second size or whatever. When I finished the fifth repeat I tried it on and realized that the top was going to be too big if I didn't size it down to the smallest size. So during the bustline decrease extravaganza, I made enough decreases to get me down to the smallest size.

I probably could have gone down even a little smaller, but as is the top of the sweater is loose but not too loose. I definitely have to wear something underneath so I don't flash anyone when bending over. The bottom is a little swingy, which I like. It's really super comfortable and something I will definitely wear.

The thought is still in my head to knit it in black and substitute the lotus blossom lace for the skull lace over at Hello Yarn. I may end up going for it sooner or later. Of course, I'm at the tail end of spinning up three pounds of Finn top for my very first sweater made entirely of handspun yarn, which has me very excited and otherwise engaged!

[Crossposted to pesky'apostrophe]

7 comments:

hootsister said...

WOW! It looks fantastic! Congratulations.

Batty said...

That looks great on you! And thanks for the hello yarn link, I love their free patterns. Call me weird, but I actually like the fact that the lotus blossoms kind of look like skulls!

Sophie_vf said...

wow, that looks fantastic! You knit that up really quickly, too. Congrats - perfect summer top.

kathy said...

Your lotus blossom is awesome!!!
Love the color........you are one speedy knitter! Great job.......

Jacquie said...

It does look good! Thanks for sharing your experiences with the pattern with us.

Good luck with your handspun sweater!

Stilaholic Nartian knits said...

Echoing everyone on saying it looks wonderful and it fits great on you!

Kel said...

Looks awesome! And may even inspire me to finish mine!