Monday, August 07, 2006

Progress and Questions


I started the fourth round of the lace. Like many others, I am between sizes. I added ten more stitches to the smallest size and reworked the pattern a bit based on this. By my calculations it should give the finished tank a bust of between 35.25 to 35.5. Has anyone else tried this and did it work out? (I scanned the past entries and didn't see this solution)
Also, I have a long torso and want to do a fifth round of the lace like I have seen others do. However, I am worried that I may run out of yarn. I am working with the South West Trading Company Bamboo. I bought three skeins, so I hope I will have enough to do an extra repeat. I am five rows into my fourth lace round and am getting close to finishing my first skein of yarn. Did anyone knit the 39" size with this yarn? If so, how much yarn did you have left over?
Overall, I am pleased with how it is turning out and love how light the yarn is after knitting with cotton all summer.

4 comments:

Stilaholic Nartian knits said...

I knit the 39" size, added 1.5" to the stockinette portion, but didn't add a 5th lace repeat. I had approximately, 1/3 of my 3rd skein left, enough I think to have done a 5th lace repeat if I wished.

HTH.

vargels said...

Thanks, that's very helpful. I think I am going for the fifth repeat and I also want to add some to the stockinette basesd on other's recommendations. So it seems like I would have enough then...

tree said...

I made the small size but added both a 5th lace repeat and inches to the top and have plenty left over...

tree said...

opps -- of the 3rd skein