Friday, September 22, 2006

Question about row 12

Hi there! I'm new to the KAL and relatively new to working lace. So I need a little help : )

In the lace pattern section in row 11, some yarn overs are created just before the purl stitch... and I'm wondering how to work them in row 12... its like a yarn over and then another wrap around the needle (I'm now not sure if I worked that yarn over before the purl correctly in row 11) ... do I work one yarn over and then let the wrap around fall off the needle? I'm not sure if I'm working this right! I hope I explained it effectively.

Thanks!

2 comments:

Knitty Cent said...

Okay, I'm not the best at explaining things, so let me know if you don't get it!

When you yarn over, you wrap the yarn (in a direction away from you) around the needle, then bring the yarn back to the front (you've essentially wrapped the yarn around the needle once, which it poised to wrap around again, but you purl instead of wrapping the yarn around again). I hope this makes sense! I find it easier to sometimes work the instructions AS I'm reading them, instead of ahead of time.

One key tip: Definitely DO NOT let the yarnover fall off your needle! Just wrap around, bring the yarn back to the front, and do your purl stitch! :-)

Lisa said...

Hi Anna, thanks for the reply. It does help!

PS I really liked your tank! How many skeins did you use? Did you find you had to use more? I'm using SWTC Bamboo in Tequilla.