I joined this knitalong not too long ago (my first) and I'm proud to say I'm done! I cast on for this on Sept 20 and finished Oct 3. I had some doubts about how the top was turning out as I was knitting. I kept trying it on with the thought "I can fix this later if I have to". Blocking helped enormously.
Yarn: Knitpicks Merino Style in “Frost” on size 7 and 8 needles.
Modifications: I didn’t switch needle sizes until the decreases and I added a row of YO, K2Tog for the ribbon to go through. Otherwise, I followed the pattern to the letter. I also tried steam blocking this time instead of my usual wet blocking odyssey.