Monday, October 16, 2006

LBT Done




I've finally finished this tank and guess what? It doesn't fit. My bust is too big to fit in there properly even after I added an extra inch of stockinette, and my bra shows - no way to adjust it either. For now I will fold it up and tuck it away until I decide what to do with it.

Here are some pics of it. I guess it needs another round of blocking. I somehow don't get good results with blocking especially with stockinette stitch. It just rolls back up like I didn't do anything to it. It still has all of its ends on it needing to be weaved in, but since its not fitting right, I'm not going to waste anymore time on it.

Thanks for the help I've gotten on it.

3 comments:

czaitz said...

Gosh it's so pretty- how tragic it does not fit. I've stalled on mine due to my fear of doing the bust- I have an ample one and I'm just not sure that the empire look is going to work on me, so I'm imagining using the completed lace portion as the bottom of a skirt or maybe just a sweater. I mean- why should all that beautiful lace work go to waste? So maybe you could frog to the lace and think up something else to do with it, but then again, if you frog that far, I guess I you could always redo it as lotus. It's the frogging that hurts! Well, good luck- it sure is pretty- maybe would make a nice gift?

Unknown said...

I can't remember who did theirs w/some short row shaping (I'd have to look in the archives), but if you decide to to rip back and re-knit the bodice portion, I'd suggest adding some short rows in.

rox said...

The tank looks great! I haven't started mine yet, but hope that I don't have the shaping problems that I've read so much about. Not being ample may finally be a blessing! Just wondering if you had to alternate rows with the varigated (Tequila?) yarn using two skeins at a time? Thanks.